Jul 26 2018
- School hours are 8:00 AM-2:20 PM
- Car rider drop off (7:30 AM to 8:05 AM) and pick up (gate opens at 1:50 PM) are in the back of the building entering from St. Mary’s Rd. At pick up, please display your car rider number.
- Students must enter and exit your car in the car rider line from the passenger side.
- The front doors are locked at 2pm and no one may enter the building until after bus dismissal is finished.
- Attendance Hotline # (812) 542-6501. It is MANDATORY that you call to report your child’s absence from school. Otherwise, staff is required to contact families.
- Teacher correspondence should be sent in and will be sent home in the blue communication folder.
- If your student has an accident at school they will be sent to the nurse and given a change of clothes. We keep a small collection of clothing for these instances. Please wash and return all of these items with your child asap.
- Families may eat lunch with their student any day during their lunch time at the tables outside the Blue Rock Grill.
- Ashlie is the friendly face greeting you at the Welcome Center when you enter the building.
- Denise and Tracey are our wonderful front office staff and they can help you with anything you may need.
- Every FKE parent, guardian, faculty and staff member are full voting members of the PTO.
- There are many ways to volunteer at the school. Please contact Misty Ronau at email@example.com or (502) 387-6617 if you’re interested in learning more. Your FKE PTO serves as a bridge between families and FKE and seeks to help foster community. Please let us know if we can ever be of assistance to your family.
- Volunteering for PTO hosted events such as Learn At Every Turn, Spring Fling, and Field Day are done with SignUpGenius. Links for this are sent out a few weeks before each event.
- Everyone that volunteers with the school must complete a free background check.
- Classroom Parties: The Winter Parties will be on December 14th and Valentines Parties will be February 8th 12:45-2:00. Teachers or a classroom parent will reach out for volunteers to work the party and send in supplies and food. Some classes host reward parties, that information will be sent home in the blue communication folder.
- Book Fair: Every year the PTO hosts two Scholastic Book Fairs Sept. 24th-28th and April 8th- 12th. Students can bring in money and purchase books and items during their weekly specials time.
- Learn At Every Turn (L.A.E.T): On October 26th, students spend a fun-filled day at different stations provided by area businesses and clubs. They learn about things such as healthy eating/cooking, veterinary care, tumbling, theatre, pottery making, Dentistry, martial arts, how the body works, scuba diving, and of course fun with 4-H animals! If your company has a great hands on activity for kids, please contact us about being part of this amazing event.
- Veteran’s Day Program: November 9th. We ask our students to invite their special veteran to come to the school and be recognized for their service and enjoy a small program in their honor.
- Winter Social: January 11th. Our 3rd and 4th grade students enjoy an after school party that is sure to please!
- Science Fair: February 12th. Students can create an experiment and share what they learn.
- Reading Rodeo: March 11th. It’s put on by the first grade teachers to get their students excited about reading. Join us for a boot scootin good time with games, prizes, snacks and a free book to take home!
- Spring Fling: March 15th. It’s a after after party for for K-2nd grade students.
- Field Day: May 17th. Students spend ½ their day at fun filled activity stations that get them moving and grooving.
- Cougar 500: 4th graders participate scooter race version of the Indy 500 complete with Milk for the winners!
Please follow us on Facebook for up to date event and school wide information!
Jun 22 2018
School supply list have been posted. Click on the link below to check out FKE’s:
Apr 24 2018
Apr 24 2018
Apr 18 2018
Apr 15 2018
Apr 15 2018
Apr 15 2018
Apr 13 2018
Apr 11 2018
Apr 07 2018
Our Spring Book Fair is Next Week, April 9th-13th. Special Persons Welcome!
Wednesday, April 11th is Family Night 5pm to 8pm
…And we still need lots of help! If you can come in for a couple hours that would be super helpful! Please click below to sign-up!
***Please NOTE students will visits the book fair DURING THEIR COMPUTER TIME***
(Schedule attached below)
Mar 27 2018
Mar 21 2018
Come join the FKE PTO for the 2018-2019 School Year! We are looking for volunteers to help keep the momentum going!
Our current board members for President, Vice President, Secretary and Easy Fundraising, have expressed interest to contniue in thier current positions.
We have had parents express interest in Treasurer & other positions.
We are still searching for volunteers to help with Hospitality, Programs, Communications & Sponsorships.
*Please note: per our bylaws every position is open each new school year
and anyone interested in running may do so. It is our desire to have a great PTO and try to ll every position by including anyone that is interested in volunteering. If you have a desire to ll a position someone else has expresses interest in, you’re more than welcome to be on the ballot too and we will have an election at our April meeting.
Please email Liz Redden at firstname.lastname@example.org
Mar 13 2018
Our annual event for Kindergarten, 1st & 2nd graders is coming up the Friday after Spring Break, April 6th from 2:30-4:30! This event is fun for the kids, we will have an inflatable, lots of games and popcorn & popsicles (limited due to allergies). We encourage the kids to get into the spirit by dressing up. Let your imagination fly there is no right or wrong, just school appropriate :-) There is no head to head competition here, we just like to come up with a fun theme to run with.
Parents, We need your help!
Please send in your permission slip, with pick up person & $2 before Spring Break so that we can limited the reminders sent when we return. This will be a big help!
We need parent volunteers for the party on April 6th. Please sign up at….bit.ly/FKESpringFling2018
Please review dismissal instructions!
Mar 09 2018
Hello FKE Family!
It is that time of year – time to elect our Parent-Teacher Organization leadership! We are looking for leaders to join the team to keep the momentum going.
Our PTO does a lot to support our school, staff and students.
The mission of the FKE PTO is to enhance the educational experience of all students by
1. Supporting academic and enrichment activities through volunteer and financial assistance.
2. Encouraging parental involvement.
3. Providing a channel of communication between parents, teachers, administrators and staff.
We are reaching out to all our families to see if anyone is interested in joining the FKE PTO Board for the 2018-2019 school year. We will have an election to vote for new board members on April 26th.
Attached is the FKE PTO Board positions and a brief overview of each positions responsibility. Under each position there are committees that run different events for staff & students; these are listed in the attached info as well to give you a better understanding of all the ways we support our school. If you have any further questions, please reach out to Liz Redden at email@example.com.
All nominations should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5 pm on Friday, March 30th, 2018. Self nominations are allowed. Nomination emails should include a brief bio indicating the nominee’s background and interests for the position. The nominations committee will work with the school to publish the slate of candidates on April 4th and facilitate the development of the ballot and vote. The election will take place at the PTO general meeting & Family Night on April 26th at 5:30 pm at the large outdoor playground. (inclimate weather: the vote will be taken in the cafeteria) If you would like to help facilitate the election and family night event, please reach out to Liz Redden! This evening will be a fun family event!
The FKE PTO Election Committee
Mar 09 2018
Please join us on Thursday, March 15th at 6:00pm for a presentation from Our Place.
9 out of 10 people with addition started using substances before they turned 18
The Mission at Our Place has always been and will always be to provide prevention, intervention and education programs to youth, individuals and families who are or could become impacted by drug and/or alcohol abuse.
Mar 07 2018