- School hours are 8:00 AM-2:20 PM
- Car rider drop off (7:30 AM to 8:05 AM) and pick up (gate opens at 1:50 PM) are in the back of the building entering from St. Mary’s Rd. At pick up, please display your car rider number.
- Students must enter and exit your car in the car rider line from the passenger side.
- The front doors are locked at 2pm and no one may enter the building until after bus dismissal is finished.
- Attendance Hotline # (812) 542-6501. It is MANDATORY that you call to report your child’s absence from school. Otherwise, staff is required to contact families.
- Teacher correspondence should be sent in and will be sent home in the blue communication folder.
- If your student has an accident at school they will be sent to the nurse and given a change of clothes. We keep a small collection of clothing for these instances. Please wash and return all of these items with your child asap.
- Families may eat lunch with their student any day during their lunch time at the tables outside the Blue Rock Grill.
- Ashlie is the friendly face greeting you at the Welcome Center when you enter the building.
- Denise and Tracey are our wonderful front office staff and they can help you with anything you may need.
- Every FKE parent, guardian, faculty and staff member are full voting members of the PTO.
- There are many ways to volunteer at the school. Please contact Misty Ronau at email@example.com or (502) 387-6617 if you’re interested in learning more. Your FKE PTO serves as a bridge between families and FKE and seeks to help foster community. Please let us know if we can ever be of assistance to your family.
- Volunteering for PTO hosted events such as Learn At Every Turn, Spring Fling, and Field Day are done with SignUpGenius. Links for this are sent out a few weeks before each event.
- Everyone that volunteers with the school must complete a free background check.
- Classroom Parties: The Winter Parties will be on December 14th and Valentines Parties will be February 8th 12:45-2:00. Teachers or a classroom parent will reach out for volunteers to work the party and send in supplies and food. Some classes host reward parties, that information will be sent home in the blue communication folder.
- Book Fair: Every year the PTO hosts two Scholastic Book Fairs Sept. 24th-28th and April 8th- 12th. Students can bring in money and purchase books and items during their weekly specials time.
- Learn At Every Turn (L.A.E.T): On October 26th, students spend a fun-filled day at different stations provided by area businesses and clubs. They learn about things such as healthy eating/cooking, veterinary care, tumbling, theatre, pottery making, Dentistry, martial arts, how the body works, scuba diving, and of course fun with 4-H animals! If your company has a great hands on activity for kids, please contact us about being part of this amazing event.
- Veteran’s Day Program: November 9th. We ask our students to invite their special veteran to come to the school and be recognized for their service and enjoy a small program in their honor.
- Winter Social: January 11th. Our 3rd and 4th grade students enjoy an after school party that is sure to please!
- Science Fair: February 12th. Students can create an experiment and share what they learn.
- Reading Rodeo: March 11th. It’s put on by the first grade teachers to get their students excited about reading. Join us for a boot scootin good time with games, prizes, snacks and a free book to take home!
- Spring Fling: March 15th. It’s a after after party for for K-2nd grade students.
- Field Day: May 17th. Students spend ½ their day at fun filled activity stations that get them moving and grooving.
- Cougar 500: 4th graders participate scooter race version of the Indy 500 complete with Milk for the winners!
Please follow us on Facebook for up to date event and school wide information!